5 Healthy Eating Tips From Top Female Chefs

When it comes to diet and nutrition, there’s always room for improvement. Here are a few healthy eating tips from top female chefs from across the nation to get their top healthy eating tips.

Shop fresh

Chef Carla Lalli Music, shops for cupboard staples weekly and heads to her local grocery store every couple days for produce, this way you’ll be shopping what’s in season which has the most nutritional benefits. Produce doesn’t retain it’s nutrients for long once it’s picked so you’ll want to eat fruits and vegetables as close to harvest as possible.

Keep it simple

Chef Helene Darroze preaches that if you choose the best ingredients, you don’t have to do much to them to make an amazing meal. Prepare quality ingredients simply without much excessive fats, sauces, and additional calories to take full advantage of their clean, natural flavor.

Invest in stock

Besides EVOO, Chef Rachel Ray loves her stock. She swears by the hack of keeping stock in the house, chicken, vegetable, beef, porcini, whatever you can make stock out of. Stock is a great way to add flavor to a dish with very little calories.

Cheat sweets

Chef Norene Gilletz replaces part of the fats when baking with fruit purees such as applesauce or pureed prunes. Applesauce can be used as a substitute in most cake recipes and muffins and replaces at least half of the fat in cookies.

The 80-20 Rule

Chef Mollie Katzen is a big proponent of “The 80-20 Rule“––eat healthy foods 80 percent of the time and allow yourself to cheat a little the remaining 20 percent of the time. Life is about balance; discipline should be rewarded with a little fun.

For more content on healthy eating and nutritious recipes follow our blog and check out our recipe library for some inspiration. 

Leave a Comment

Item added to cart.
0 items - $0.00